Friday, February 17, 2006







I was so full last night and we had great dinner at my friend's house up in Mililani. I had to ask her for her recipe and she said that if I make shoofly or brown sugar pies for her then she would share it with me so we made a good negotation-whooo! Here is a recipe that lets you get really creative, start with this basic recipe for fried rice. If you don't have lup cheong (Chinese pork sausage), then use Portuguese sausage, bacon, Spam or fishcake instead. You know that you can never change the vegetables!!!! Do you have equipment such as measuring cups, measuring spoons, large skillet, wooden spoon, paring knife, cutting board and pot holders? You have them, right? Then let's get ready! (Photo by DisneyMike)

Ingredients:
2 lup cheon sausages
2 Tablespoons peanut oil
1/4 cup diced onion
2 Tablespoons, diced green pepper
1 can (5 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
1 hard cooked egg
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon peeled and minced giner or 1/2 teaspoon grouns ginger
2 cups cooked rice
Then...
1. Dice lup cheong
2. Heat peanut oil in a large skillet and add lup cheon. Stir fry for 5 minutes to assure sausage is fully cooked.
3. Add onion and green pepper. Stir-Fry until the onion is nearly translucent
4. Add water chestnuts, egg, soy sauce, suagr, ginger, and rice to skillet. Stir-fry over low heat for about 10 minutes.

Listen: this recipe works best when you use leftover rice that has been chilled for several hours.

Well.... Are you going to start cooking up a storm? Try this one!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my food blog. Yours looks great! Keep up the great work :)

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello AlohaMa!

Woo hoo! Your fried rice looks good. I normally eat fried rice with Spam, but it's also good with crispy fried anchovies. If you haven't tried it before, you really should!

Great blog you have here, by the way!

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey
I love fried rice with lup cheong!! It's yummy :) You can put lup cheong when you do fried egg too. It's lovely!

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Yvette, pardon the late response. Ask your dad if he has relatives in Guagua.

I think I'll try your recipe one of these days. I can almost smell it cooking in the kitchen, hehehe!

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks so ono. I gotta try this recipe out.

12:08 PM  
Blogger junebee said...

I loved Porteugese sausage when I was in Hawaii for my honeymoon. I wish I had brought some home.

My husband is Chinese and he makes very good fried rice.

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » »

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home